You Are Reading

Saturday, May 14, 2011

News: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Album Review)



This is a review by a french girl that won an exclusive listening of the album.


I think Government hooker really slays. It's one of the best songs on the record, to me. I think I remember lyrics like '' I can be sex '' , '' I can be more ''

When it starts, it sounds exactly like the beggining we heard at Mugler, it's the exact same thing, but there's a new lign, like right after the.... '' I CAN BE COOL she says '' I just, wanna be baaad ''

There's a part of the song that added a new whole dimension and feeling to the Mugler version, though I can't really describe how it songs like, and I'm not sure the word is ''government'', but I guess it is, and let's pretend it is XD something like : '' GAhhhvernment' HOOKAH, Gahhvernement HookaaaHaHaaw ~ '' and it makes the song more fun to sing.. like she says it in an almost childish provocative way.. and the ''Put your hands on me, John F. Kennedy '' is at the end of the song, and I remember a sexy cruel horny Peter's laugh at the end of the song too :P
But honestly, it fucking slays in my opinion. It's just a fucking bad ass song!! It's one of my favorite!

Bad kids...

T___T


When it begun, I really thought it was going to be the BEST GAGA SONG OF ALL TIMES.
Like it starts with... I don't know how to explain it... like it sounds like Gaga's doing a speech and she sounds really mad, and it's recorded in bad quality kinda.. she's kinda screaming something like '' IF THEY THINK THEY CAN...torture us (?) '' I don't really remember what she did say, I was trying to focus on the words, and then BAM it stops, music starts with a FUCKING FIERCE ''I'M A BITCH.'' ... and I died. the ''I'm a bitch'' was so fucking FIERCE and unexpected!!! I WAS LIKE OMG THAT'S THE BEST SONG EVER... then.... I don't know why..... BUT the chorus sounds sweet and normal/basic I remember I got bored because the melody didn't really change during the whole song.. ugh.. I was like... GAGA WHY, the beggining killed it and the chorus is just.. nooo. And there's a part in the end where she speaks about how her Mom & Dad made her that way... I can't remember the lyrics but I remember that she was saying something like.. when people ask her where she is that way.. it's because her mom and dad made her that way, she's a bad kid. I don't know why but I didn't really liked that part. It's so sad because the beggining was really EVERYTHING.
There are others lyrics like ''I'm a nerd, I'm absurd, I'm a freak...'' etc.

Scheiße SLAYS.
IT REALLY DOES. LIKE, you can't help yourself NOT DANCING TO THAT SONG, it's really SICK and sounded way better than the Mugler version.
It starts with Gaga singing... well not really singing, it's more like you hear her sexy talking voice saying that faux-german part over and over AND HER VOICE SOUNDS SO CLEAR. It's like she's next to you.. I loved it, it's so different and daring like.. to start a song without any MUSIC. The first thing you hear is her talking voice. No music at all. it's crazy, it's like you hear her talking in a unknown language in such a fierce way, I loved it. The beat is really sick, it's one of the fastest songs & I remember the lyrics were interesting... like I think there's a part about how some are perceived like shit for being different? I think I'm half sure she said shit in english in some part in the song lol, It's killing me that I can't remember these lyrics, I loved it so I really tried to memorize it but once Gaga came in I forgot most of the things (cuz she wasn't there during the whole listening, she only came at the middle).

Marry the night..., the beggining almost sounds like that :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gSY7G6h86I & then it gets a bit faster with a different beat as you can listen to it on that 'snippet'
It's a stunning beautiful song, it's really the only song that made me cry. (I didn't want to ruin my make-up, so I was struggling haha) It's so empowering and beautiful, the lyrics are...ah, it just makes you stronger It really touched my heart so deeply. It's just so beautiful. I think it's the most meaningful song & it's not really fast. Gaga's voice is amazing on that song.


Hair made me think of The Edge of Glory, I expected the ''I AM MY HAIR'' to sound fast/rebel/fierce but it sounded kinda slower than I expected, I didn't really LOVED it like the other songs.

I have then a huge problem with Electric Chapel and Bloody Marry, because I'm confusing the two songs because of the religious themes.

Bloody Marry starts with a fucking DARK almost disturbing/depressing athmosphere. It's like you're in the sickest funerals ever. It's really, really dark. Some people got scared there LOL, but I thought the intro was pure genius. It sounds so different compared to all the other songs!!!
It's slow.. almost sinister.. and I'm not sure but after the intro, you hear that music that is in the Gagavision when she's walking on the hotel. I think there was different instruments and stuff, like .. organ stuff I think.. I can't remember well but it sounded dark and beautiful.
I remember the word ''SINS'' like washing away sins... and.. the word ''crucify''..
To me it was a masterpiece, to some others, it was just scary.
But I really loved it.
AND I get confused because I thought the ''Dance dance dance With your hands hands hands Above your head like Jesus'' was from Bloody Marry, I was convinced and when I checked I saw it was from Electric Chapel apparently?

That really confuses me, because Electric Chapel really sounds faster compared to Bloody Marry from what I remember ... like you can hear it in the end of Gagavision 43!

& in Electric Chapel, the song gets slower when she sings a part like ''...at the electric chaaapel....'' (I think it's ''meet me at the electric chapel'') but I'm not sure.

and the ''dance.. dance.. dance.. with your hands, hands, hands... (..) '' sounds slow and depressing but it's so beautiful... I don't know why but Bloody Marry's athmosphere made me think of Evanescence's Even In death ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M16f7tIvTc) I'm not saying it sounds like it, it doesn't at all.. but I'm just talking about the dark athmosphere. She's really got that dramatic voice while singing that. She repeats like 3 times I think.

Maybe there was a slower part on Electric Chapel.. lol anyway that confuses me.

AMERICANO IS..... the ''AAAaaAaaaHHHahahHAHahAAAArgHHh'' on the studio version is the almost the exact same that she sings/yells on the live version, but it's faster and it's SICK.
It's like you want to run while hearing it. XD
Lol, actually, I remember I clapped my hands like flamenco dancers to the beat of that song.
It's really POWERFUL, it's got that HUGE latino/mariachi vibe into it, like it sounds like a pop record mixed with huge latino elements, it's really so good!
The ''Don't you try to catch me, Don't you try to catch me NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!'' is so much FUN, like she insists so much on the NO! NO! NO!!! & on the ''I'm living on the edge of the LAWW LAWW LAWW LAWW''

AMEN FASHION BLACK JESUS slayed me. It really did, just like Heavy metal lover.

THE WAY. GAGA. SAYS. AMEN, FASHION. IS. THE FIERCEST THING. I EVER. WITNESSED. IN. MY. WHOLE. LIFE. I don't know how to explain it properly, but while we were there she was making a kind of a move with her hand, like she raised it in a fierce way at everytime there was the ''AMEN, FASHION'' part. It was like she was PREACHING. This song is fucking fierce. and Gaga really was PROUD when we were listening to it. She looked like a bad ASS bitch. It's one of my favorite.

THE ''JESUS IS THE NEW BLACK'' lign is unexpected, it's like in the middle of the song..it's unexpected and sooooo fierce! I'm sorry I know I'm like using the same words but... it's.. I can't put it in words : (

Fashion of his love = I can't rememeber anything but it wasn't really fast and I didn't loved it like the other songs.
The Queen = I just remember having that face :O when I heard :''tonight I will return..''... I was like OOOOOOH SO ITS FROM THAT SONG!!!
HIGHWAY UNICORN = Made me think of 'The Edge of glory'

AND.... HEAVY METAL LOVER.
I don't remember how it sounded like, unfortunately, but IT GAVE ME LIFE.
JUST the way Gaga says :''Heavy Metal LOVAH'' was enough to slay my life forever ;__;
This woman is way too fierce. ;__;

Anyway, I gave it a 8.5/10 because I disliked Bad kids& I thought some songs sounded a bit alike... But the rest really SLAYED.

So I'd say my favorites are : Heavy Metal Lover, Amen Fashion, Bloody Marry, Marry the night, Scheiße, Governement Hooker, Americano

It's too hard too choose just one or two or three. Not possible

My least favorites : Bad kids, The Queen.

But I don't want people to take my opinions on the song to seriously.. because it was just a first listen, and Gaga was there so I had so much feelings and I was so overwhelmed!!!
I really wanted to do my best to memorize everything that I could because I know how much fans are DYING to know some stuff about the record, I've been there too! But once Gaga came in, I forgot almost every detail of the things I focused in T__T

I hope it was okay <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

30 Seconds To Mars (1) 3Oh3 (2) A Rocket To The Moon (1) Adam Lambert (13) Adele (10) Aiden Grimshaw (1) Alanis Morissette (2) Album Cover (126) Album Releases (218) Album Reviews (105) Album Sampler (26) Alicia Keys (2) All Time Low (1) Amanda Palmer (1) Andy Grammer (1) Anna Calvi (2) Announcement (7) Arcade Fire (1) Artist Of The Month (34) Ashanti (1) Ashlyne Huff (1) Avril Lavigne (25) Ayo (1) Azealia Banks (1) B.o.B. (7) Bad Meets Evil (1) Bat For Lashes (1) Behind The Scenes (48) Beyonce (32) Birdy (5) Björk (9) Blog News (17) Bon Iver (1) Boys Like Girls (1) Brandi Carlile (2) Breanne Düren (1) Bridget Mendler (1) Bridgit Mendler (1) Britney Spears (36) Bruno Mars (13) Calvin Harris (7) Carly Rae Jepsen (4) Carrie Mac (1) Carrie Underwood (13) Cascada (1) Cee Lo Green (5) Charice (2) Charli XCX (1) Charlie XCX (2) Charts (4) Cher Lloyd (1) Cheryl Cole (10) Chris Brown (20) Christina Aguilera (1) Christina Perri (11) Ciara (2) Cimorelli (1) Clare Maguire (2) Cobra Starship (10) Colbie Caillat (8) Coldplay (16) Colette Carr (1) Conor Maynard (2) Corina (1) Crystal Bowersox (2) Darin (1) Daughtry (1) David Archuleta (1) David Cook (5) David Guetta (11) Death Cab For Cutie (3) Delta Goodrem (1) Demi Lovato (24) Dev (9) Dia Frampton (2) Diddy-Dirty Money (2) Dim (41) Dr. Dre (1) Dragonette (5) Drake (4) Drake Bell (1) Duffy (2) Ed Sheeran (1) Edens Edge (3) Ellie Goulding (9) Elton John (1) Emily Osment (3) Eminem (2) Enrique Iglesias (5) Erasure (3) Esperanza Spalding (1) Estelle (5) Evanescence (10) Exampl (1) Example (1) Extinguish (10) Extra Flares (43) Far East Movement (7) Feist (2) Fiona Apple (3) First Review (1) Flares (53) Flares of 2010 (5) Flares of 2011 (8) Flares of 2012 (1) flash (1) Flashback (6) Flo Rida (5) Florence And The Machine (18) Florrie (2) Foster The People (5) Frank + Derol (1) Frank Ocean (1) Frankmusik (5) Fun. (10) Garbage (3) Gavin DeGraw (1) George Barnett (2) Glee (26) Gloriana (4) Goldfrapp (3) Gorillaz (1) Gotye (1) Grace Potter And The Nocturnals (4) Grammy (9) Green Day (8) Greyson Chance (2) Grimes (2) Gym Class Heroes (2) Haley Reinhart (10) Holy Ghost (1) Hot Chelle Rae (1) iamamiwhoami (9) Icona Pop (2) Imagine Dragons (1) Imogen Heap (7) Ingrid Michaelson (5) Interviews (5) iTunes Giftcard (1) iTunes Plus (100) Jack White (3) Jackie Evancho (3) James Blunt (2) James Durbin (1) James Morrison (3) Jamie Foxx (2) Jamie Woon (1) Jason Derulo (11) Jason Mraz (8) Jay Sean (1) Jay Z (10) Jennifer Hudson (8) Jennifer Lopez (18) Jesse McCartney (2) Jessica Simpson (2) Jessie And The Toy Boys (3) Jessie J (17) Jessie Ware (1) Joe Jonas (16) Joe McElderry (1) John Mayer (9) JoJo (7) Jordin Sparks (1) Joss Stone (3) Joy Valencia (1) Justin Bieber (41) Justin Timberlake (1) Kanye West (20) Karmin (3) Kate Voegele (3) Katherine Jenkins (1) Katy Perry (34) Keane (10) Keith Urban (1) Kelis (1) Kelly Clarkson (15) Kelly Rowland (8) Kenna (1) Keri Hilson (7) Kesha (16) Keyshia Cole (1) Kid Cudi (1) Kid Rock (1) Kimbra (2) Kings Of Leon (1) Know Your Artist (2) KONGOS (1) Kris Allen (7) Kylie Minogue (4) Lady Antebellum (14) Lady GaGa (82) Ladyhawke (5) Lana Del Rey (15) Lauren Alaina (2) Lawson (1) Leann Rimes (3) Lee DeWyze (2) Lelia Broussard (1) Leona Lewis (8) LIGHTS (8) Lil Wayne (7) Linkin Park (7) Little Big Town (1) Little Boots (3) Little Flares (2) Little Mix (1) Live Performances (19) LMFAO (4) Lorde (1) Loreen (2) Lucy Schwartz (1) Lupe Fiasco (4) Lykke Li (9) M.I.A. (1) Madonna (28) Mara Carlyle (1) Maria Mena (1) Mariah Carey (3) Marina And The Diamonds (19) Maroon 5 (15) Matchbox Twenty (2) Meg And Dia (1) Melanie Fiona (2) Michael Buble (1) Michael Jackson (6) Michelle Branch (4) Miguel (1) Mika (2) Miley Cyrus (5) Miranda Cosgrove (3) Miranda Lambert (5) Mitchel Musso (2) MNDR (1) Morgan Page (1) Muse (2) Music News (65) My Chemical Romance (3) Nadine Coyle (1) Natalia Kills (10) Natasha Bedingfield (5) Ne-Yo (1) Nelly (3) Nelly Furtado (13) Neon Hitch (1) Nerina Pallot (2) News (3) Nicki Minaj (27) Nicola Roberts (14) Nicole Atkins (1) Nicole Scherzinger (10) Niki And The Dove (6) No Doubt (7) Norah Jones (5) Of Monsters And Men (1) Oh Land (5) One Direction (8) OneRepublic (2) Outasight (1) Owl City (11) Paloma Faith (8) Panic At The Disco (9) Paramore (12) Patrick Stump (3) Philip Philips (1) Phillip Phillips (1) Pia Toscano (4) Pink (16) Pistol Annies (5) Pitbull (6) Pixie Lott (12) Plain White T's (1) Rachel Crow (1) Rascal Flatts (3) Reba McEntire (1) Rebecca And Fiona (1) Rebecca Black (2) Rebecca Ferguson (1) Recommended (7) Red Hot Chili Peppers (3) Regina Spektor (7) Release (3) Rihanna (47) Rita Ora (3) Ro Danishei (1) Robyn (2) Rock Mafia (1) Rumor (2) Sabi (3) Santigold (4) Sara Bareilles (4) Scissor Sisters (7) Scotty McCreery (6) Selena Gomez And The Scene (28) September (1) Shakira (4) Shayne Ward (2) Shontelle (2) Sia (2) Sick Puppies (1) Simple Plan (5) Single Cover (102) Single Review (2) Sky Ferreira (6) Skylar Grey (9) Sleigh Bells (3) Sneak Peek (99) Solange Knowles (1) Song Releases (228) Special (4) Steve Aoki (2) Sugababes (1) Susan Boyle (5) Susanne Sundfør (2) T.I. (2) Taio Cruz (1) Take That (2) Taylor Swift (22) Tegan and Sara (1) The All-American Rejects (3) The Band Perry (4) The Black Eyed Peas (10) The Cataracs (1) The Civil Wars (1) The Decemberists (1) The Head And The Heart (2) The Killers (4) The Pretty Reckless (5) The Saturdays (5) The Script (2) The Ting Tings (3) The Vaccines (1) The Veronicas (2) The Wanted (5) The xx (1) Tim Halperin (1) Timbaland (2) Track Listing (74) Train (4) Trey Songz (1) Two Door Cinema Club (1) Usher (10) Vanessa Carlton (8) Video Premiere (456) Vincent Did It (1) War of Words (1) WATCH OUT (27) Westlife (2) Whitney Houston (1) will.i.am (2) Willow Smith (1) Wiz Khalifa (6) Wolf Gang (1) Wynter Gordon (9) Yeah Yeah Yeahs (1) Yellowcard (4) Young The Giant (2) Zac Brown Band (3) Zee Avi (1) Zowie (9)

Pages

 
Copyright 2010 Pop Flares
( )